Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

  • Reply To: Reading data from 0x05

    In theory you could do the following:

    1. Set up a FILESTREAM column to contain the DOCX files. This column could be in the existing table or you could create a...
  • Reply To: What Limits Do You Want in 2019?

    I would like to see an increase in the capacity of SQL Server Express (the free version). I suggest to increase the maximum amount of memory from 1GB to 2GB...

  • Reply To: Estimated Number of Rows 4,056,100,000,000,000,000,000,000 !

    I have come across this with complex SELECT statements using views that call other views that use scalar functions. One example I experienced during an upgrade was code that ran...

  • RE: SQL Job Timeline (Graphical)

    I will check it out. Actually the spreadsheet is useful as I can archive them and check them historically if jobs start clashing.

  • RE: SQL Job Timeline (Graphical)

    Just to say I have run this several times and copied the results into your template spreadsheet. It's extremely useful as it would be difficult to detect 'overlapping' jobs otherwise. Well done...

  • RE: Enjoying a Down Weekend

    Dr Strangelove (it's black and white, and is kind of dark humour)

  • RE: The Wild Developers of SQL Server like Wildcards

    Are you sure SQL Server supports regexes in XQuery and XPath? From your link http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions I realize the XQuery standards include regexes, but Microsoft left many things out from their...

  • RE: Microsoft ACE OLEDB 12.0 X64 Driver freezing using open rowset

    I have struggled with this on-and-off over a number of years. Even though SQL Server and Excel are best-of-breed products that have been around for 20 years or more, it...

  • RE: How to build an app with GUI that works with SQL Server?

    Putting aside for now the (important) issue of whether end-users should carry out index maintenance, this question is a good one. I understand it is asking: what's the easiest way...

  • RE: What is NoSQL?

    I have worked with SQL Server for about 12 years. I like it and I'm not very familiar with NoSQL.

    There is one exception: I have been playing with...

  • RE: Is there a maximum number of joins allowed in SQL 2016?

    Why not run each TVF separately, capture the output to temporary tables, then join the temporary tables? You can optimize the performance of the final large join by adding suitable...

  • RE: Decouple the Tools

    I think it would be a mistake to exclude SQLCMD. It's pretty small and if you don't have SSMS installed and you need to run some SQL commands, it could...

  • RE: Migrating only database structure having lakhs of objects

    Looks like a useful unit of measure for discussing UK property prices 🙂

  • Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)